The library has a fully staffed and knowledgeable Reference Department to assist with your information needs. Our reference collection consists of a broad range of titles. The Library also provides access to online databases. In addition to on-site reference assistance, the staff is available by phone for brief reference questions or by email at email@example.com.
The Sumter County Library is currently offering curbside servie for our patrons at the Main Library and the Wesmark Library.
- You must have a valid library card.
- Pick up will only be available at the Main library and the Wesmark library. We cannot offer pick up from the bookmobile or our South Sumter branch.
- Pick up is only available from 11:00 AM until 3:00 PM Mondays through Fridays
- Pick up must be done at the branch that owns the item. We cannot send items between branches, and we cannot do interlibrary loans at this time.
- You can only request five items per vehicle per pick up.
- Place a hold online by clicking the “Search the Catalog” button. We will contact you to arrange a time for pick up when your request is ready.
- Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org,.and we will contact you when your items are ready for pick up. Please include the following in your email:
- Your name as it appears on your library account
- Your library card number
- Your address and phone number
- The title and author of the book you are requesting.
- Call the Main library at 803-773-7273 or the Wesmark library at 803-469-8110. Please have your library card, as well as the title and author you would like to request.
- Park in front of the main entrance.
- Call the library and give your name and color and make of your vehicle.
- A library staff member will bring your request and set it by your vehicle. Please wait until the staff member has walked away before you collect your items.
- As a courtesy to other patrons, please return items on or before the due date. Returns must be placed in the book drop of the library the items came from.